Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Dissaperance (part 2)

OK I was reading over the last one and it was really rushed. I apologize for that and I will work on making it sound less rushed. Here's what I got:



I sat in the crowded coffee, my feet propped up on the table and a smoothie in my hand. I sat by the window watching the late employees rush to the tall skyscrapers lined up along the streets. A girl with flowing blond hair slid into the chair across from me. A hat was pulled down low covering her face.
"You know it's not polite to put your feet on the table," She stated.
"It's not polite to tell someone what to do," I shot back. I saw a smile creep onto her face as she looked up at me.
"What are you doing here Jade?" She asked.
"You should know me by now Ever," I replied, "Jake went on a mission. James kidnapped him."
"Typical," She nodded, "You always seem to have an old rival on your hands." I rolled my eyes taking a drink of my smoothie.
"I need your help."
"Guessed that. What with?"
"The normal stuff," I grinned. She laughed and stood up.
"Shall we head to my place?" She asked. I nodded following her out of the shop. We made our way down the street and into the subway. We boarded and found a spot away from the people.
"How long?" She asked.
"A day."
"So not that long?"
"Long enough for me. I knew he shouldn't have gone."
"And you didn't tell anyone?"
"When do I tell other people what I'm doing?"
"True," We both stared out the window as the subway screeched to a sudden stop. Ever looked at me with a worried look.
"We apologize for the inconvenience," A familiar voice came over the intercom, "We've run into a problem. Could we have Jade Jackson come to the front of the car?"
"Great," I huffed pulling out my pocket knife making my way to the front of the car. The door to the driving area opened, and I looked over my shoulder to see Ever right behind me.
"Stay here," I insisted, "I don't want anything to happen to you too." She sighed, but nodded. I took a deep breath stepping into the dim area of the driving coach. The door slammed behind me and single light came on over James who sat in the conductor's chair.
"There's my favorite girl!" He exclaimed smiling. I flipped open my pocket knife and growled.
"I'm not your girl Holler," I hissed.
He laughed, "Your his though." Jake was shoved into the light, and he fell to his knees. He had a long gash running down his left arm, and his face was twisted in pain.
"Jade," He panted when he saw me. He collapsed forward onto the ground and laid there motionless. James laughed as I tried to run towards him, but hands grasped my arms hard.
"Let him go Holler!" I shouted struggling against the guards that towered over me.
"No can do," James tsked, "You see I have a plan, and I need you to cooperate." He picked Jake up and shoved him into a near by chair. I tried to kick out at one of the guards, but they squeezed harder on my arms. I clenched my teeth ignoring the pain.
"Tie her up," James commanded and the guards threw me into the conductor's chair and quickly tied me to it. The ropes bit into my ankles and my arms. The texture of the ropes made my the skin it touched turn red and burn.
"I wouldn't struggle if I were you," James explained, "The rope is make of a fine brand of hair imported from china. If you move too much then it will just burn straight through your skin." He got close in my face and I spit hitting him in the eye. He wiped it and slapped me hard across the face.
"You're going to regret that," He said, and a fowl smell entered my nose and I passed out.
* * * * *

I really like this one. It's more slower and I got to add in my twin's character so yea. Tell me what you think. :)

1 comment:

  1. That was amazing syd please tell me when you have more!

    ReplyDelete