Wednesday, December 29, 2010

On the run (homeless part 2)

I crouched in the dark shadows feeling his warm breath on the back of my neck. The cop car pulled by the ally way, and we waited till it was gone.

"We can't keep doing this Jacq," Xander whispered into my ear. He had kept the dark jeans from Jane and Mike, but had snagged a dark t-shirt and gray jacket.

"What do you want to do Xander? Go back with them?" I asked.

He sighed, "No."

"Come on then." I peered around the corner checking to make sure there were no patrol cars. We made our way into the crowded streets merging with the other people. I took a glanced behind us and cursed under my breath.

"Snatchers," Xander said as we started to pick up the pace. We weaved in and out of people making sure not to leave a gap for them to follow. I looked over my shoulder with no sign of the Snatchers.

"Xander..." I trailed off slipping my hand into his.

"I know," He replied giving my hand a reassuring squeeze. We came to a stop at a crossing walk were a group of people were gathered.

"I have a bad feeling," Xander whispered as the light to walk turned.

"Xand.." Someone grabbed me hard from behind by my mouth with a cloth. The smell of chloroform filled my nose and everything started to fade to black.

"Jacq!" I heard Xander shout from the distance.

"No," I mumbled hitting out weakly against the person holding me. I heard him laugh as I slipped into unconsciousness.

* * * * *
(Xander)

I felt Jacq's hand slip from mine and whirled around as something hit me hard in the stomach. I gasped doubling over for breath.

"You stupid, pathetic boy," The man stood over me wearing a long black trench coat and dark shades. You could see his golden tooth when he smiled. I looked past hm seeing his partner dragging Jacq's unconscious body toward a waiting car.

"Your the stupid and pathetic one," I spit back at him, "didn't they tell you who you were messing with when he took this job?" The man looked at me puzzled, and I took the chance. I swung my feet out hitting him in the back of the knees. He fell forward, and I thrusted my hand down on his neck. He collapsed to the sidewalk unconscious. I took off running down the street toward the car as it started to pull away.

"I won't loose her," I panted under my breath gaining speed. I leaped out barely grabbing the side of the car as it speed into traffic. I heard the frantic shouting from inside as the window was rolled down.

"Let go of the car boy," A man with a dead Scottish accent said holding a gun to my chest. I could see Jacq laid across the back seat.

"Let the girl go first," I demanded hoping I wasn't making a big mistake.

The man laughed, "She's the main one the Mr. and Mrs. want you think I'm going to just give her up? No way." I heard the sound of the gun go off, and someone scream from inside the car. Shearing pain ran through my stomach as I lost grip of the car and fell to the dark asphalt.

* * * * * *

No comments:

Post a Comment