Sunday, December 19, 2010

Stormy day

I wrote this when I was bored at my great grandma's. Please tell me what you think. :)

The rain poured down heavily on the window outside. The small house was filled with silence as I sat in the living room on the laptop. No internet connection so I was left with finishing up some reports for the society. The woman in the other room is one I don’t know well. She is said to be the mother to my grandmother on my father’s side. My memories of her are vivid and detailed. Her kindness when our parents passed away.

“Jade,” I heard her soft voice call from the other room. I sighed setting down the computer and going into the other room.

“Yes?” I said standing in the door way leading into her room.

“Come here child,” I walk over to the side of the bed where she is propped up on some pillows, “I know you don’t want to be here. I don’t blame you, but I want you to know that I know about the Jet society. I know that you would rather be out fighting off some creature then sitting here taking care of an old lady.”

“No it’s…”

“Do not say it is fine,” She commanded letting out a horrible cough, “I knew your great grandfather. He and I were supposed to be married.”

“What?” I gasped.

“Didn’t know that did you?” She laughed, “Yes, but he married that other girl Maria and when she died he ended up taking my hand for the sake of the child she had barely had. You grandmother was a beautiful child, but had the same intentions as her parents. She fell in love with young man and ended up giving birth to your father. Bad luck runs in your bloodline. Everyone always dying.” She coughed, and I looked at her worried.

“You, dear girl, are much different then them. You still have that spirit in you, but you have a purpose. There is a great war coming. You will be faced with great challenges. You will lose many friends, but will gain and army in the end. Don’t trust anyone not even the ones you love.” She took in one final breath and let it out her eyes loosing they’re light.

* * * * * *

No comments:

Post a Comment