Monday, December 27, 2010

Homeless or so I thought ( Homeless part 1)

I dashed around the corner into the dark, dead end alleyway. My feet pounded hard on the concrete, and my breath came out in heavy pants.


"Stop her!" A bulky man shouted behind me, "She has nowhere to go!" I smiled to myself as I picked up speed and used my momentum to propel myself up the wall. I swung myself onto the roof with a grunt. I starred back over the edge at the angry faces of the police.


"You can't run forever!" The chief police shouted.


I laughed, "Watch me!" I spun around hitting into something hard. I fell on my butt hanging over the edge of the roof a bit. I cursed as a rough hand yanked me to my feet. I started to fight against the person holding onto me, but couldn't find any contact.


"Resisting is useless," A deep voice said. I looked up at a bald man with a scar running down his left eye.


"Let. Me Go!" I hissed tugging against his iron grip.


"I'm sorry, I can't do that," He replied, "I've been instructed by my clients to bring you to their suite. Why they want a filthy child like you is beyond me." He looked me up and down with disgust. My dark brown hair was pulled into a long braid running down my back. I wore a dusty black tank top and cargo shorts. I had barely snagged a new pair of sneakers. The man wheeled me around binding my hands behind me. He lead me through a door on the roof, down some stairs, and out the entrance doors where a limo with blacked out windows waited.


"Get in," The man commanded as he opened the door. I had never been inside a limo before. I understood why now. The smell of new leather mad me gag, and the music coming from the speakers gave me a headache. The bald man noticed my uneasiness and turned off the music and rolled the window down a bit. I still didn't like him. It was only a few blocks till we parked in front of the only rich hotel in the city. Only ten levels and two hundred rooms. I had snagged a few bucks around here from some stupid rich people.


The man yanked me from the car and up the steps of the hotel. The doorman looked at us curiously and opened the door for us. A giant chandelier hung in the entry way, and I wondered how much one of the crystals on it would pay. Adults in fine clothing sat in private lounges being served by butlers. We boarded the elevator that was made of completely of glass looking out over the city. The elevator rose to the top level where only on door was. The imperial suite. A butler opened the door before the bald man could knock.


"Ah! Solomon! Back so soon?" He said with a weird accent.


"I have the girl don't I George?" Solomon insisted, "Where's Jane?"


"In her study. Where else?" Solomon shoved past him dragging me along. The entry way opened into a hallway leading into a living room that opened up onto a wide balcony. We stopped in front of a door off to our right. Solomon knocked on the door.


"Enter," An elegant voice replied.


"Behave," Solomon hissed in my ear, and I glared at him. He opened the door to a small study with an oak desk in the middle, filing cabinets in one corner, and a shelf with some books in the other corner. A lady with glossy black curled hair sad behind the desk. She wore a plain read shirt showing off her model figure. She starred up at us over a pair of black glasses that she some how made look good. Something about her made me have a sudden distaste toward her.


"You found her!" She exclaimed jumping up from the desk. She walked over to look me over. She was at least an inch or two taller than me, but not by much. She wore black slacks, and a pair of heels I would never wear.


"Hello my dear," The woman said, "I'm Jane Chase, Your new mother." I raised an eyebrow looking her up and down.


I scoffed, "Since when? If you haven't noticed I'm not an orphan." The lie was smooth, but I couldn't tell if she bought it. She gave a small smile shaking her head. She didn't buy it.


"Oh my dear child I saw you on the street. You stole my bracelet," She said.


"I don't steal from anyone lady," I hissed.


"Then where did you get those sneakers?" She pointed down to the black and blue Nike shoes I wore. Not even dirty yet. I clenched my teeth hard together glaring up at her.


"Your my daughter now," She said, "Try and run away, and I'll find you again. Show her to her room Solomon." Solomon grabbed my arm, but I tugged away.


"I hate you," I spit at Jane.


She grinned, "You'll learn to love me over time." I let Solomon guide me out of the study and down the main hall. We took a right down a small hall with only a door on the left and in front. Solomon opened the door to the right and untied my hands.


"Feel free to do what you want. Just remember what Mrs. Chase said," He said. I rolled my eyes as he closed the door. The room was bigger than the places I would find to hide in during the day. A big canopy bed took the main part of the room. It had black curtains around it and deep red bedding. The floor was a light wood. A tall wardrobe was off to my right and I walked over to it. Inside was a platinum screen tv with a cable box and xbox. I closed the doors and looked back into the room. The wall across from the door was all window bringing light into the room. A pair of double doors was off to the left of it. I walked over and opened them revealing a walk in closet. Dresses and frilly clothes lined the racks, and I couldn't help but gag. I closed the doors knowing I would not be stepping back in there for a while. Another door lead into a bathroom with a walk in shower, bath tub, and a vanity sink area.

"Wonderful," I said out loud, "Rich people."

"So your the new girl," A voice said from the doorway. I turned to see a boy with dark black hair wearing dark jeans and a flannal shirt. His bright green eyes seemed to stand out from the rest of him.

"And who wants to know?" I questioned crossing my arms over my chest.

"The names Xander, you are?"

"Jacq, short for Jacqueline, but call me that and I'll kill you."

He laughed, "You better get changed. We have to met 'Father'." He exaderated the title with air quotes.

"Well I don't give a crap," I replied, "He'll have to deal with how I look."

Xander shrugged, "Suit yourself. Come on then." I sighed following him out of the room. We made our way down to the lobby of the hotel where Xander greeted several adults as we entered the resturant.

"You're quite popular around here," I noted.

"It's not me that's the popular one it's our parents," He remarked. He lead the way to a private room where Jane sat with a man with nicely combed brown hair and wearing an outfit similar to Xander's.

"Here they are now," Jane announced grinning up at us. I glowered at her as we slipped into the seats across from them.

"You were right about her dear," the man said smiling at me, "She's beautiful."

"The opposite is to say about you," I retored.

"Be careful Mike, she's got a wild tongue," Jane warned.

He laughed, "Matches her beauty." I groaned throwing my feet up onto the table. Xander's eyes widened as "my parents" gasped.

"Do you have any manners?!" Jane exclaimed.

"Do you have a heart?" I retorted. I watched as Xander tried to hide the smile creeping onto his face.

"Well," Mike said, " We're going to have to do something about your attitude."

"Why don't you look in the mirror? I think you missed something in your last plastic surgery. How about that for a change." I saw the muscles in his arm tense and doged his hand as it rammed into the wall. He let out a gasp of pain and grasped his hand close to his body.

"I've lived on the streets all my life idiot," I growled, "I don't need you and your petty wife to help me out. I'm leaving now." I jumped over the table landing in a crouch next to the door. I turned looking at Xander.

"Your welcome to come," I said. He took one looked at Mike and Jane and followed me out the door.

* * * * *

No comments:

Post a Comment