Monday, January 3, 2011

Miscommunication (homeless part 3)

(Jacq)



I watched as Xander's body fell to the road and felt myself scream.



"She's awake?! I thought you made her breath in enough of that stuff to knock her out for several days!" The driver hissed.



"I don't know!!! But she's awake now," The man in the back replied. I felt my anger spark high and hit out with my bound hands. The man grunted falling the floor.



"What the......?!" I banged my feet hard into the drivers head and he slumped forward in the seat. The car started to swerve, and I grabbed a dagger from the man in the back. I sliced off the ropes on my wrists and then my ankles. I shoved the guys out the doors and took control of a wheel.



"Let's hope this is automatic," I said out loud. I jerked the wheel so the car made a sharp u-turn. I parked it on the side of the road where Xander's body lay. Dead or alive I couldn't tell. I ran to his side and inspected the wound in his chest just barely below his heart.



"Jacq," He moaned.



"I'm here," I replied, "We're going to take you to the hospital. You'll be alright." I could hear the sirens of police cars and ambulances making they're way to us. I could help but tense only thinking for the worst. I let a single tear run from my eye knowing it could all be over. I felt Xander raise his hand to my face and looked down at him through blurred vision.



"I won't let them get us," He insisted, "I won't let them get YOU."



I sniffed, "I love you."



"I love..." he winced, "I love you too." I leaned down the tears now flowing down my checks and kissed him. The emergency people screeched to a halt by us and rushed forward. I held tight to Xander's hand as they started to put him onto the stretcher.



"Miss," A paramedic said putting a hand on my shoulder, "We need to have a word with you." I looked back down at Xander and gave him another kiss.



"I'll be back," I replied.



"You better," He mocked giving a faint smile. I walked away with the paramedic to a few cops all whispering to each other.

"Good evening miss," One of the cops said nodding to me, "We suspect you know what happened here?" I looked over my shoulder to where the other paramedics were looking over Xander.

"Yes my boyfriend and I were just out on a date, and you know how bad this city can be with muggers. They saw use coming down the street and they had guns and tried to get me into a car and..." I fake trailed off bursting into tears that I didn't really have to fake.

"It's ok Miss," The cop said, "We'll save your boyfriend." I nodded wiping the tears away. I made my way over to Xander as they started to load him into the ambulance.

"We'll have to take him to the hospital to look at the wound better," One of the paramedics told me, "Your free to ride in the truck with him."

"Thank you," I replied giving him a half smile.

"Jacqueline!" I heard a voice call from far off. My face seemed to drain of color as I turned around to see the lady with flowing black hair wearing a blue color dress and coat.

"Jacq, what is it?" Xander asked seeing my concerned face.

"Jane," I hissed under my breath. Jane came to the opening of the truck smiling up at us.

"There you two are!" She panted, "We've been worried sick! Are you alright?" I glared hard at her with hatred as the cops came up to the truck.

"Excuse me Madame, but this is a closed area, you can't be in here," One of them said.

"Sir these are my children, I have permission to be here," she replied smiling back at me.

"I don't know this woman," I told the cop. Jane latched onto my arm squeezing her sharp nails into my arm.

"Honey your probably just suffering from trauma from your brother being shot," She insisted.

"She's lying," Xander said with a stern voice. Jane glared up at him. He looked fierce sitting up clutching his hurt side. The paramedics begging him to lay back down.

"Mrs. Chase," The chief police said stepping forward, "We're going to have to ask you to step away from the teens."

"Officer I can assure you that these are my children. I have the papers to prove it." She kept her grip on my arm and pulled out a piece of paper from her pocket. I could feel the blood starting to rise to the wound she was creating. The chief looked over the paper letting out a sigh.

"She's right. She has full custody of them," He said.

"What!? NO!" I screamed as she started to drag me from the truck.

"Come on dear we'll meet them at the hospital." Jane said.

"NO! LET ME GO!" I shouted lashing out at her, but she caught my hand twisting it at a hard angle till it snapped. I gasped, and she pulled me the rest of the way out of the truck.

"Xander!" I exclaimed.

"Jacq!" I heard him shout. He lashed out against the paramedics and jumped from the truck. He pulled out a dagger from his pocket and rushed toward us.

Jane smirked, "You never learn boy." I felt her thrust something into my back and pain sheared from the spot. My breath left from my mouth as I collapsed to the ground.

* * * * * *

No comments:

Post a Comment