Saturday, January 8, 2011

London eye

I was looking through flair, and I've been trying to find more places for stories to take place and I saw a flair with the London eye. Here's my story:



It was a cloudy gloomy day. I stood in the crowded line of tourists waiting to buy my ticket. I wore my dark trench coat, a long sleeve dark green shirt, worn jeans, and converse reaching up to my knees. My dark brown hair was pulled back into a pony tail, and the wind nibbed at my bare ears and neck. Why anyone would be out in this weather or going on the London eye was a mystery to me. I reached the ticket booth a purchased a ticket for five minutes from then. I walked over to the cafe across the street and purchased a bagel. I found a window seat and watched the people walk by the window. The London eye moved slowly around. The clouds above not dropping a single raindrop. Someone slipped into the chair across from me and I didn't bother to looked away from the window.
"Where?" A boy's voice asked.
"Five minutes. Circle. Excuse me do I know you?" I said the first two things under my breath and the last one out loud for someone to hear.
"Oh I'm sorry I thought you were my friend," He replied.
"Oh your fine," I laughed, "I was just leaving." I got up from the table and left the shop trying not to smile. I made my way to the entrance ramp of the London eye where people were lining up to board. I pulled on a pair of sunglasses and scanned over the people in line spotting the woman at the front with the boy around my age standing next to her.
"Mich if you don't stay by me then I'm going to have to ring your neck," The woman hissed grabbing him roughly by the arm.
"You don't scare me," I read Mich's lips speak.
"Oh you'd be surprised boy," The women spoke back. I tried to keep my face straight as the people loaded the capsule. The woman shoved the boy to the far side of the capsule, and I stayed by the entrance. A boy a bit taller than me took the spot on the other side of me as they closed the door to the capsule.
"So what's your name?" The boy next to me asked. I looked up at him. He had baby blue colored eyes and short blond hair. I could see the invisible braces when he smiled.
I laughed, "Give me a reason to tell you?" He smiled. I turned around to see Mich and the lady and casually leaned against the railing.
"What do you plan to do?" The boy asked in french.
"Simple," I replied in Arabic, "Get him back." I watched the lady catch my eye and pull something from her bag and thrust it to Mich's side.
"Well. Well. Well," The Lady said loud enough for everyone in the capsule to hear, "If it isn't Jade Jackson, and her little side kick Luke Darklight. What didn't feel like dragging your boyfriend around Jade?"
I clenched my teeth hard together, "He's busy Fionna. Now hand over Mich!" She shoved him forward showing the gun she held to his side.
"Dead or Dead?" She mocked.
"Alive would be the best," Luke growled holding up a small pistol of his own. The other people on the capsule shrank to the sides, and a lady screamed out in horror.
"Watch well cizilians!" Fionna shouted, "This fight will be one to tell all!" I heard the blast of the gun shot and swore. I shot forward hitting Fionna hard on the back of the head.
"You can't always win Jackson," She said as she fell into unconciousness.
"Mich!" I exclaimed rushing to his side. Blood rushed from his wound creating a pool below him.
"LUKE!" I screamed, and he appeared in front of me. I pressed my hands to Mich's wounds trying to stop the blood, but it covered my hands. Tears started to spill from my eyes, and I felt Mich put his hand on my cheek.
"Don't worry about me," He coughed, "You caught her. All the best heros loose at least once." His hand fell away and the color left his eyes. Tears flowed unable to stop blurring my vision beyond seeing.
"Jade," Luke coaxed shaking me, "We have to go, NOW!" The capsule had reached the top of the eye, and I took one last look at Mich. I wipped my hands on his jeans and accepted the backpack from Luke. We popped open the emergency hatch and jumped out into the freezing rain.
* * * * * * *
Super sad and I started it forever ago, but I thought I needed a change and that Jade doesn't have to win every fight she gets into. Please tell me what you think.

No comments:

Post a Comment