Sunday, March 6, 2011

Interogation

I sat in the hard metal chair in the middle of the circle of light. My hands were tied roughly behind me, and my wrists feldt raw from trying to get them loose. My legs were tied close to the chair and had gone numb hours ago.
"Where's your hero Adrian? Did he abandon you again?" A girl's voice mocked from the darkness.
"Shut up," I hissed.
"Oo, touchy," She stepped forward into the light standing in front of me. Her orange hair reached to her shoulders in a wave like style.
"What do you want, Ember?"
"The simpliest thing. I beat you can guess."
"Revenge?"
"Oh you are a smart one."
I laughed, "I've been through enough to know that most people that do this want revenge from me. So why is it you want it?" I cocked my head to the side giving a small smile.
"Why do you think? Isn't it easy to guess?" She retorted.
"Oh yea it is easy, but it's useless of you to do so. He already likes me," I said. She let out a scream slashing out with something sharp across my cheek. I felt blood stream from the gash and down my cheek.
"Well that won't do," A voice said from in the darkness.
"What?!" Ember gasped backing away as a boy with short curly brown hair stepped into the circle.
"Aiden," I said, "Your late."
"So sorry," He smirked, "I had a few things to take care of."
"Shut up!" Ember screached suddenly placing a knife to my throat, "You will do what I say or she dies." Aiden looked at me and then up at Ember.
"No I won't," He insisted. I felt the knife graze my neck as Ember was yanked back into the dark. I heard her scream and then it was cut off. Aiden walked toward me untying me from the chair.
"Remind me to kill you later," I said slugging him in the arm.
He laughed, "Don't count on that."
* * * *

No comments:

Post a Comment